Mechanical failure forensic experts:
Other Mechanical Equipment
Mechanical Failure Services Include:
- Examine/inspect site/scene of failure
- Examine/inspect equipment in question
- Examine use reports
- Check maintenance records
- Perform technical analyses to determine cause of failure
- Engineering insufficencies
- Material or manufacturing defect
- Insufficient/improper maintenance
- Operator error
Was it operator error?
Was the equipment designed and manufactured sufficiently?
Was the equipment maintained properly?
Were proper replacement parts used?
Was the equipment being used as intended?
Were proper warnings present?
Did a part fail?
When appropriate, exemplar equipment is tested to replicate the failure, or to eliminate causes. Mechanical failures can involve equipment ranging in complexity from relatively simple (lawn mowers) to extremely complicated (giant off-road excavator) equipment with a maze of sub-assemblies.
The failure of a small or inexpensive part(s) can result in major injuries and/or economic loss. Mechanical failures can contribute to vehicle crashes, including off-road equipment crashes.
Jay Nogan has designed, analyzed, operated, consulted/performed casework involving :
- Motor Graders / Road Graders
- Skid Steer Loaders (Bobcat®)
- Man Lifts
- Fork Lifts
- Farm Implements
- Lawn Equipment
- Air Compressors
- Other Mechanical Equipment
- Dump Trucks & Trailers
- Other Mobile Equipment
Jay has qualified in court as an expert in cases involving mechanical failures.
He has over twenty years of practical experience with mobile equipment, hydraulic systems, failure analyses, mechanical design plus 16+ years in a manufacturing environment.